Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bad, bad blogger

Where have two months gone? I have been busy with work and various projects. Just haven't felt like posting. I finished the quilt and it is beautiful. It was going on a bed, but instead it is hanging in our entryway. I love looking at it and thinking about the different scraps that went into it. Yes, I need to take a photo.

I also finished up a "comforter" for our bed. It is made from Waverly samples in yellows and creams. Lots of flowers, of course, since that's what Waverly is famous for! I backed it with a berber fleece in a light olive and bound it with unbleached muslin. Then I made some plain pillowcases out of the muslin and machine stitched an olive scallop along the edge.

I am continuing to de-stash. I found a sheet with a light khaki floral print on a cream background. That became a summer robe for my daughter. I used up a lot of crocheted lace trimming on the cuffs, the pockets, and the neck-front binding. Turned out nice and is perfect for the hot summer weather.

My big project now is a small quilt for a raffle at the fire house my daughter belongs to. I found some great Kaufman firefighter fabric at Joann's on sale and have been slowly putting the top together. One of my friends, who also happens to be a co-worker at the fabric store, embroidered the name of the fire station and the founding date on four inner borders. Once it is all pieced, I'll quilt it to a piece of fire engine red fleece. It needs to be done mid September for the fire station's Fall Festival. I'm hoping to make some significant progress this coming week.

Okay. I need to get some photo lessons from one of my kids and get some pix posted.

No comments: