Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time flies

Oh my gosh, I can't believe February is almost over. I just wish winter was almost over, too! I have been busily sewing and knitting. I am grateful for my stash of fabric and yarn. We are on a tight budget here and I am avoiding new purchases--a challenge given I work in a fabric store. I unpacked a box the other day and found three unfinished projects! I finished up two of them--a polar fleece vest that only needed binding and jammie bottoms for Kate that were cut out. I have half a blouse to work on--though the thing fits bust and hips, the sleeves are really tight. It's odd, because the sleeves didn't appear to be that slim on the pattern package. I have extra fabric, so I'm going to redraft the armhole and sleeve, using a favorite blouse as a guide, and reset the sleeve. If it turns out ok, I'll use that as my master blouse pattern. I hope to get some photos soon.

I am also getting ready for the second meeting with the women's group. I finished up the baby quilt and have made several small quilts in different techniques to show them. Those little quilts will go to Petsmart for the shelter kitties.

No comments: