Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A good time

I gave a quilting/sewing demonstration/lesson this morning to a small group of women who are interested in making blankets for charities. I met the group leader at the fabric store one day and we got to talking about quilts and ways to simplify the process. I gave her my number and, sure enough, she called. I had a wonderful time with this nice group of people. We covered two types of easy quilts--4.5 inch squares sewn together in a 10 square x 10 square pattern and then machine quilted to fleece or flannel backing--and a quilt with a "pillow" panel for the center with strips added around it until it is the desired size. We also talked about some tips for easier sewing and cutting. I advised them to try to do a good job, but not to get hung up on perfection. I'm going back in February for a second session.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have been there!

Mary said...

I wish you could have been there too!